The Diploma of Dance (Elite Performance) delivered at Jason Coleman’s Ministry of Dance provides a comprehensive and holistic course for students who aspire to be professionals in the dance and entertainment industry in Australia and abroad.
The Diploma of Dance (Elite Performance) course is achieved over a two-year period where students develop and consolidate their skills in both practical and theoretical studies to allow for the best opportunities in the dance and entertainment industry.
The course provides elite level education by industry professionals through competitive training and a nationally accredited qualification for pre-professional students in all genres of dance as well as voice and acting.
Jason Coleman's Ministry of Dance works in partnership with Australian Institute of Education and Training. RTO Provider Number: 131 314
GENRES & STUDIES:
- JCMOD Drills Program
- Jazz Technique
- Broadway Jazz
- Broadway/Rhythm Tap
- Classical Ballet
- Choreographic Composition
- Industry Lead Workshops
UNITS OF COMPETENCY:
- CUADAN501 Refine Ballet Technique Classical ballet classes are delivered throughout the Diploma of Dance Qualification. This unit is delivered on a weekly basis throughout the 1 st year of studies and consists of practical assessments,portfolio reflections and group forum discussions. Students are encouraged to view and analyse ballet technique and choreography both online and on stage to broaden their knowledge of the subject.
- CUADAN504 Refine Contemporary Dance Techniques Contemporary dance classes are delivered throughout the Diploma of Dance Qualification. This unit explores a variety of Contemporary Dance Techniques and is delivered on a weekly basis throughout 1st year studies. The unit is assessed through practical observations, reflections and group forum discussions.
- CUAWHS403 Incorporate Anatomy and Nutrition Principles into Skill Development This unit is delivered in the first semester of the Diploma of Dance qualification. Workshops are provided by leaders in sports and performance nutrition. Course work includes evaluating the anatomical structures of the body in relation to dance technique, learning the skills to best prevent injury to the body as well as creating nutrition plans for intensive performance.
- CUAWHS501 Maintain a High Level of Fitness for Performance This unit is delivered in the 2nd semester of year one and is an extension to the work completed in unit CUAWHS403 Incorporate Anatomy and Nutrition Principles into Skill Development. Students design their own fitness programs and are assessed through practical observations in gyms and dance studios. This unit prepares the student for the required level of fitness in performance.
- CUAPRF503 Prepare for and Perform in a Competitive Environment This unit is delivered throughout the 1 st year of studies in the Diploma of Dance qualification. Course content includes the preparation and presentation of promotional material required for auditions, the participation of simulated auditions as well as reflecting upon personal performance and future goals.
- CUACHR403 Develop Choreography Skills This unit is delivered in the first year of studies in Diploma of Dance. Course content includes the creation, review and presentation of choreography. In addition students are presented choreographic material to view and review as well as creating a portfolio of their choreographic work in process.
- CUADAN403 Develop Expertise in Jazz Dance Technique Jazz dance classes are delivered throughout the Diploma of Dance Qualification. This unit is delivered in the 1st year of studies. Students are monitored and assessed during weekly practical classes and are also required to create both solo and ensemble jazz dance choreography. In addition to this ssessment also includes group forum discussions and the completion of a portfolio.
- CUAMUP501 Apply Theatrical Make -up and Hairstyles This unit is delivered in the first year of the Diploma in Dance qualification. Students are required to present a variety of hairstyles and make – up suitable to the choreographic brief of performances. Assessment includes live observation, reflection, group forum discussions and workshop participation.
- CUADAN402 Improvise an Advanced Dance Sequence This unit is delivered in the second year of studies in the Diploma of Dance qualification. Course content and methods of assessment include practical observations of improvisational tasks, personal reflection and group forum discussions.
- CUADAN502 Refine Ballet Performance Skills & CUADAN504 Perform Ballet Solo Variations Classical ballet classes are delivered throughout the Diploma of Dance Qualification. These units are delivered in the 2nd year of studies and are an extension to the ballet unit completed during the 1st year of study. Student work is monitored during weekly classes and is assessed through solo, pas de deux and group presentations. In addition to this, students view live and or recorded performances of classical ballet and reflect upon their work through group forum discussions and portfolios.
- CUADAN507 Refine Dance Partnering Techniques Dance partnering skills are delivered throughout the Diploma of Dance qualification in a variety of genres such as Latin, Musical Theatre, Ballet, Contemporary, Ceroc and Improvisation. During the second year of studies these skills are refined and assessed in practical observations and through reflections and group forum discussions.
- CUAPRF501 Refine Performance Techniques This unit is completed in the 2nd year of study in the Diploma of Dance qualification. Students participate in a variety of performance events throughout their studies however this unit is assessed throughout the rehearsal and performance season of Showcase – the graduation performances. Assessments consist of practical observations of rehearsals and performances as well as reflections and analysis of performance techniques.
- CUAPPR502 Develop own Sustainable Professional Practice This unit is delivered in the 2nd year of the Diploma of Dance qualification. Students will learn the skills of how to successfully and appropriately represent themselves in the dance and entertainment industry. Course content and assessment will include business regulations, industry events, client communications and promotional and marketing resources.
- CUACHR403 Create and Perform Complex Choreography This unit is delivered in the 2nd year of studies in the Diploma of Dance qualification. Course content includes the creation of choreography, rehearsal process, the presentation of choreography, following choreographic briefs, working with simulated clients as well as directing a performance. 2nd year students create work performed by 1st year students which enhances the development of communication, direction and choreography skills.
- CUAPRF410 Develop on – Camera Dance Performance This unit is delivered in the 2nd year of studies in the Diploma of Dance qualification. The course content enables the students to gain skills in film and editing through the creation and recording of choreography. Further assessment includes the evaluating the process as well as presenting the finished film at Jason Coleman’s Ministry of Dance Full Time Course Film Night.
- CUADAN508 Develop Expertise in Allied Contemporary Dance Techniques Contemporary dance classes are delivered throughout the Diploma of Dance Qualification. This unit is delivered in the 2nd year of studies and is an extension to the unit CUADAN504 Refine Contemporary Dance Techniques. Course content and assessment includes practical observations that include a variety of contemporary dance styles, lifts and tumbles. Students are encouraged to view live performance as well as review a selection of online works.